Caring for Our Patients 2020
- Social Workers
- Discuss the definition of medical cannabis and how it is used
- Identify the physical and psychological impact of medical cannabis use among patients with chronic kidney disease
- Describe how NASW Code of Ethics informs practice
- Analyze obstacles related to making ethical decisions involving dialysis patients/families
- Identify ethical issues related to bias in health care delivery for diverse, multi-faceted populations
- Discuss the application of the ethical decision-making process to bias situations in dialysis
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, the National Kidney Foundation is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. The National Kidney Foundation maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 5.0 continuing education credits.
Licensed social workers should contact their individual jurisdiction to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
- 5.00 Attendance
- 5.00 ASWB Continuing Education Clock Hours
- 3.00 ASWB Ethics Hours