Challenging Behaviors, Communication Skills and Understanding Cognitive Brain Change: How does your approach or communication style affect outcomes?
Thank you for attending Challenging Behaviors, Communication Skills and Understanding Cognitive Brain Change: How does your approach or communication style affect outcomes? on May 2, 2018.
- Social Workers
- Define challenging behavior, its internal and external causes, and strategies to handle it
- Define the different types of personal communication styles- both verbal and nonverbal and discuss their effects
- Discuss how normal versus not normal cognitive change occurs with aging and its effect on the sensory system
- Discuss ways to approach, cue and/or connect with people effected by cognitive change using problem solving and skill building approaches
- Identify how to help our patients to be good advocates for themselves
The National Kidney Foundation Council of Nephrology Social Workers, Provider #1014, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The National Kidney Foundation Council of Nephrology Social Workers maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this course will receive 5.0 continuing education clock hour.
National Kidney Foundation SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0064.
Licensed social workers should contact their individual jurisdiction to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
- 5.00 ASWB Continuing Education Clock Hours