The Impact of Additives on the Phosphorus, Potassium, and Sodium Content of Commonly Consumed Meat, Poultry, and Fish Products Among Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease
Upon completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of mineral additives in meat, poultry and fish (MPF) and adjust CKD education to improve patient adherence to mineral limits
- Registered Dietitians (RDs)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs)
- Nutriton and Dietetic Technicians, Registered (NDTRs)
- Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs)
The National Kidney Foundation is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 1.0 Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
Method of Participation:
All NKF-CRN members receive a subscription to the JRN in addition to their print subscription, can access articles online. To start an exercise, follow these steps:
- Select "Continue"
- Navigate to the "Article" tab
- Read the article's course page and navigate to the "Take the Test" tab
- Take the test and click the submit button
- Once you have successfully passed the test, you will be prompted to download your certificate. You can print and/or save your certificate as a PDF. Your certificate will also be available on your PERC transcript within your account settings.
- 1.00 Attendance
- 1.00 CDR CPEUs